This week I have build the drivers in to the case.
I also finished the front panel.
The backpanel is almost finished.
On the right there are 3 connectors for the steppers missing. I still need to order those.
Nov 02 2008
May 23 2009
I bought a Proxxon micromot for the milling motor. The micromot doesn’t has a speed control build in, so I build one myself based on some recycled parts.
The clamp I made for it:
A video of the x-axis working:
I’ve got the Y axis working to but with the Z axis there is something wrong with the stepper.
Jun 22 2009
Aug 17 2009
The relays I used as “emergency stop” relays had some trouble with burned and sticky contacts. I replaced it with a bigger 40A relays but that also got the same problems (probably because of the inrush currents). Then I decided to make a solid-state relays with 4 TIP2955 transistors.
To drive this solid state relays and provide 12V for the fan in the back of the case I made a 12V power supply. On the cnc there will be led lighting, and that is also powered by this power supply.
The traces on the underside of the ssr are reinforced with wire so it can handle more current.
I also painted the top of the case.